Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Panasonic DVD/HD recording to DVD

I have a Panasonic EX86 and when i try to record from Hard Drive to DVD its stops copying after about 30 seconds ands says there is a problen with the disc which may be scratched or have dirt on it.

I cant remember the eroor dode that comes up, but its happening quite a bit. The odd disc will work ok, but mostly it just sops recording.

I have tried different discs and different makes too.

Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Are thee original DVD;s eg: Movies or DVD's that you have made yourself thats having this problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Its when im trying to copy from the Hard Drive to a DVD. Starts for about 30 seconds then a message comes up on screen saying the disc is either scratched or has dirt on it and the recorder then turns itself off

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ah ok, the most common cause for this is a dirty lens, else the lens is scratched or faulting.Do you have a Lens cleaner there, like this?http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hama-DVD-Laser-Cleaning-Disc-Blue/dp/B00E0HK1MGIf not, you can get it on that link.You then clean the lens using the cleaning DVD and nearly always its ok again and it is dirt or dust on the Lens that can cause this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do have a Lens cleaner, but i have had it for a while. Maybe i need to get a new one

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I never use them more then twice, else they are not as effective.
Plus they are so cheap.
I advise to get the one I recommend.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.