info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Technician for many high street outlets 20 years plus experience
18621325

Have a samsung 1080p was on pause when I turned it back to

Have a samsung 1080p was on pause when I turned it back to play picture went dull and out of focus
Category: Recorders and Players
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When I turn on TV the picture is fine for about 30 mins then colors fade.
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Sorry for delay
During the time the fault is present if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control is the menu dull too?
ANTHONY
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Anthony I think so cant quite remember, I turned the TV on this morning and it seems to be OK on for about one hour, last night when picture went dull and lost color I turned it off and back on again and it was OK for about 10 mins before gradually going dull and losing color. George
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
George thanks for the info but you do need to be sure, next time its does it press the menu button of the sets own remote control, is the menu too bad?
Let me know by coming back here when you are ready
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK Anthony will do Thanks
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Yes it will help me troubleshoot that info Thank YouAnthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Anthony, after the TV was on for 90 mins. the color became distorted, went in to menu and writing seemed normal
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
OK the next check is using another input like a DVD player or similar, hook up another input and take note of the quality of the picture is it dull? Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Anthony my usual TV is Sky satellite, I also have IPTV box which streams TV to my TV I switched to this and picture was still the same.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When I said picture is dull eventually it is like looking at a negative of a picture
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Yes I understand but the menu in my mind MUST be affected by this ?please examine the menu again when the fault is at its worse is the menu display poor?or is it nice and bright and normal?this check is so important for diagnosis
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
I believe the tcon board is bad but if it is the menu will be bad too
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Anthony if you check this link you will see picture of Samsung TV which looks exactly like mine with fault so looks like it is the tcon board it is the same model as mine. see
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/SERVICE-REPARATION-REPAIR-SERVICE-T-CON-LE40B651T3W-SAMSUNG-TV-LCD-/181751246473
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Yes the chances are it is the t-con or if you are unlucky the LCD panel itself (bad news) be sure to order the t-con by part-number only and use e-bay as a very last resort google the part-number for suppliers Its found usually at the top middle of the set covered by a metal shield you will see a multistrand lead from the main-board going to it Let me know if you need more info Please remember to rate positively thank you there will be a rating band with this post thanks again Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Anthony thanks for pointing me towards the tcon, I will take a chance on it and let you know how it went. Regards George
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dont see the rating band?
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
There should be a rating bar of stars with this post if you still do not see it let me know what you would have left and I will report it, 1 star is bad/2 stars poor/3stars OK/4 stars good/5 stasrexcellent Anthony