michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

My YouView box has stopped recording

Customer Question

my YouView box has stopped recording
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve the problem you have posted. You can restart a Humax box by touching the centre blue ring for just over 15 seconds. You may unplug the ac adapter to let the settop box sit for a while may be 5 mins unplugged without power.The 'Failed Recordings' error is much less common, possibly non-existent now, with Humax boxes. Whether this is because there is something amiss with the Huawei box, or because it has only just caught up with the software release that the Humax got in October, and which improved a bunch of things. But whichever sort of box you have, make sure it's on the latest update. It should update automatically, overnight, when there is new software. But it does not hurt to see if you can make a manual update. When castigating YouView, do be aware they only supply the application software, and are beholden to the box makers for the correct operation of the hardware and the low-level drivers underneath that software, and also to the box suppliers, when it's BT ord TalkTalk, for the correct operation of the additional software that operates the value-added features these ISPs provide, and for it being integrated in such a way that it does not break updated features in the base YouView software...Hence the retail Humax tending to run a littlle ahead of the ISP-suppplied boxes where updates are concerned.let me know how it goes after your power on the box and run the manual updates successfully.