Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Samsung BD-C5500 Bluray Player- bought in 2010. We

Customer Question

I have a Samsung BD-C5500 Bluray Player- bought in 2010. We tried playing a new Bluray DVD .....narnia Chronicles No 3.....it says we need to update our dvd player. How do you do that?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, there are two ways to update the BD/DVD player, either connect it to internet (wireless or wired connection to modem/ router) or go to following Samsung link and download software upgrade file along with upgrade instructions file that contains detailed instructions for successful update, this process needs USB memory stick to proceed (please note that following link is only for UK region as question shows you're in UK)..http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/BD-C5500/XEUIf you're in different country then try to connect the BD/DVD player directly to modem with Ethernet cable, go to Network option of menu of BD/DVD player and run network setup, click following link to download user manual copy for detailed instructions..http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201101/20110128140502174/01854F-BD-C5500-XEU-ENG-BM-1119.pdfI trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.