Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Our Panasonic DMR Ex83 will not respond to either remote (batteries

Customer Question

Our Panasonic DMR Ex83 will not respond to either remote (batteries in remote have been changed) or manually. The clock is working & when the guide or function menu (or anything) is pressed the red dot flashes but that's it. The open/close & on/off buttons are totally dead. We are not terribly technical people but had no problems using this before. We have checked the lead to the TV but can't find what the problem is. Help!
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. Please unplug the machine from power, then press and hold the power button on the unit itself (not the remote), for 15 seconds and release. Wait a minute then plug it back into power. Turn it on and let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Brilliant! DMR seems to be working OK now. Do you know what caused this or what we did wrong or is it 'just one of those things'?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the reply and glad to hear it's working! It is just a processor glitch- nothing you did to cause it. This is common with all computer controlled devices. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
If not, could you please click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.