Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have no sound on my Samsung tv

Customer Question

I have no sound on my Samsung tv
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Shahid and will assist you, I need following info to troubleshoot the problem.- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model code: LE40B554M2WXXU
Serial number: BK8V3S0S300994X
Version:SQ02
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for TV model number info.- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Shahid.
I have only my sky box attached to my tv with an hdmi cable.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, have you tried to unplug TV and Sky box power cords from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did unplug it to reboot it for a minute, we've got a perfect picture no sound, would you still be here though if I did it for 10 minutes?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Yes please, go ahead and unplug both things for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let Sky box boot fully and check if it helps to get sound in TV.If there is still no sound output then I would request to connect DVD player to TV as a test to see if TV gives sound when playback DVD?This way we will check if the problem is with in TV or video source isn't sending out sound signal.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I've had both unplugged now for 10 minutes, and there's still no sound.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to hear that, now we really need to connect another video source such as DVD player to TV as a test to figure out if problem is within TV or Sky box isn't sending sound signal to TV.Can you connect a DVD player to TV for this test?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a did player , how do I test for volume on the to?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, any video device that has HDMI out or AV out will work such as gaming console or movie camera etc.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Sgaron,

Did you try another video device on TV as requested in previous reply?