info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Technician for many high street outlets 20 years plus experience
18621325

We have a Panasonic DVD recorder, model DMR - EX773EB, and

We have a Panasonic DVD recorder, model DMR - EX773EB, and we have a problem with the recording playback. it is intermittent, but appears to be weather interference, as there is a snow effect and sound loss on parts of a recording. I have re-tuned the device multiple times and replaced the aerial lead, but the problem persists. Sometimes the interference disappears on a recording when it is replayed. The DVD player is connected to the TV in the normal way, there is no satellite or other connections. The interference began in the lead-up to the national re-tuning exercise. We thought it was connected to that but obviously isn't. Other than the interference, the live and recorded picture and sound quality is excellent. We are situated just south of Manchester, and get transmissions from Winter Hill. I notice BBC signal quality is excellent (10 out of 10), but much of the ITV and Channel 4 signal quality is rated 4 out of 10. Hope you can help.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
It is likely related to the re-tuning exercise however some channels may have been shifted to an area of the band that is weak, what you need to understand right now is if the unit plays back pre-recorded films OK then its 95% certain to be a reception problem and not a problem with the unit itself.
You may need to consult an aerial rigger who will re-align the aerial, other than that please try a booster amp cost about £15 from the supermarket low expense type stores.
Let me know if you need more info
Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have
Many Thanks
Anthony