Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Panasonic DVD recorder model EZ49VEB .shows U99 in display.

Panasonic DVD recorder model EZ49VEB .shows U99 in display. No controls will operate
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Is it the same number every time? For example did it ever show something like U81?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is the same number every time. No it has not shown U81
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
That was just an example I was hoping you were getting something else as well as U99 is not a good error to have. Hold old is it? Do you happen to have an extended warranty?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About 5 years. I do not have an extended warranty. Should I consider replacing the machine?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
I was hoping you still had a warranty. I really hate to tell you this but U99 when that is the only error coming up is normally caused by a blown capacitor on the main board. If you have ever soldered before you can usually see it. The most common is a C153 on the board. If you have never soldered before you may want to bring it to a shop if done improperly you can damage the entire board. There is sometimes a IC1508 that needs to be replaced as well. This can sometimes be expensive if you have a technician do it, so some people do decide to replace it instead. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Panasonic.