Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

Hd digital tv recorder gv102zrh wont turn off and no response

hd digital tv recorder gv102zrh wont turn off and no response to remote
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Will it respond to the on board buttons?As an initial step, please unplug power to the unit at the mains for 60+ seconds for a quick reboot, and let me know the results.Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It comes up loading, works for two seconds, freezes and only shows a green light on the box
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for confirming, Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, either a faulty hard drive or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation1) Unplug the power cord from the box2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors. If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure. This is something that would require repairs to correct; thought these units are not feasible to repair once the 1 year warranty has past. There are no parts readily available and repairs would cost more for labor alone than to replace it. At that point, you're best off replacing the unit entirely with a new system. If you'd like suggestions for replacement options. Just let me know. Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, thank you. Following these steps now
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
You're very welcome, and best of luck to you!