Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I had a DTR-HV250 installed 26/4/12 as part of digtal switchover.

I had a DTR-HV250 installed 26/4/12 as part of digtal switchover. All has gone well until 3 days ago when a screen message indicated I had 2384 hours recorded and no memory left. I followed your guide book - turned everything off, waited an hour and turned on - then the memory came back. Next time 2384 hours message again - turned off then ok to view recorded programme but nothing could be recorded. A new message now: 'Hard drive initialisation failed. Recording and playback functions are disabled. OK'. What to do please?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
I am sorry but the hard drive has failed in the recorder and its not able to access it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the player to have the hard drive replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.