Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Their I have a apple ipod player 60gb Serial No JQ5259ZSSAZ

Customer Question

hi their I have a apple ipod player 60gb Serial No JQ5259ZSSAZ that as frozen it says now playing but it isnt, i put it on to charge, the little charge sign is on but its unplugged, can you help?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Slide the Hold switch to the locked position and then back again.
Press and hold the Play/Pause and Menu buttons together until you see the Apple/iPod logo (about six to eight seconds). You might need to repeat this step.
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys - it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nothing as happened still the same
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
What model iPod is it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2005 model noA1099
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
I can't seem to find anything under that model number, please go to this page:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204307
Find the one that matches yours and try the steps there.
If nothing happens put it into disk mode following these steps:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201544
Then after it is in disk mode use the reset here:
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi freddy m have followed the info and it as gone back to the menu so all looks well, can i leave it on charge
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
If it reset properly you should be able to use it the same way you normally would. If it was on the charger already I would just disconnect and reconnect it to be safe. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys - it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the battery was empty and every time i tried to use it it just died on me so would like to leave it on charge till tonight to give it a chance to fully charge, do you still want me to unplug it and plug it back?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
No you should be able to leave it, if it still does this after charging it overnight you would want to try a different charger as it could be failing. After that if this still happens it means the battery inside the iPod is dying and needs to be replaced. To have that done you need to either bring it to an apple store or an electronics repair shop that works on Apple products. If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Ipod.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi fred just unplugged it and as it was on all night last night the battery is saying full, so will give it a couple of hours but should be ok, Thanks for tour advice in getting it back to working order if i could give you 10 stars i would. THANKS AGAIN colin
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome and If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Ipod.