Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a HDD & DVD / Video recorder model RDXV59DTKB2. It has

Customer Question

I have a HDD & DVD / Video recorder model RDXV59DTKB2. It has been in storage for a couple of years. I have taken it out of the box and connected it to the TV. When I switch on the AC the power light comes on, the display panel is off, the dubbing light flashes, the device indicator lights for HDD/DVD/VCR are all illuminated and there is a clicking sound like a metronome. There is no DVD nor a VHS tape in the machine. I have tried the stop button and the power standby but neither work. Obviously it is confused, is there a reset code I can input?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi there and welcome
Are you still able to get to the menu on the player?
Please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No the menu is not displayed, there is no signal broadcast to the tv.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the issue
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by not being able to get to the menu, which rules this out as the issue
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Your most welcome