Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Karaoke Systems Manager, signal specialist, all recorders and players expert
63817454

My panasonic DVD Recorder DMR-EX95VEBS is attached to a

Customer Question

Hi My panasonic DVD Recorder DMR-EX95VEBS is attached to a AVTEX TV. My 'source' is Scart. I can bring up Direct Navigation and my stored programmes on my hard drive; I can access Functions, but I get a No Data message when I use Guide. On the LCD field on the Recorder I see the digit '1'. Can you help?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. Here is what will cause no data: Date/time incorrectly set.The signal is too weak or no signal was found. Check the aerial. Realign the aerial and check the values with the signal quality in the [Setup] menu.The broadcasting companies are responsible for the information. Deviations are possible when changes are made at the last minute. That being said, double check your time. Allow sufficient time for the guide information to come through. Make sure you're on the correct input for your aerial antenna. That meaning your aerial is plugged into RF IN, press the AV button repeatedly until your aerial input is selected, you should be able to watch TV when it is set correctly. That should allow you to bring up any guide information, if available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have checked the aerial signal strength and it is fine. I can watch the TV fine by itself. What does the digit '1' mean that comes up on the DVD recorder when I press GUIDE? THe aerial is plugged into RF In and a coaxial cable is plugged into RF Out one end and the other end into the TV Antennae. THe two ends of the SCART lead are plugged in correctly. I am not clear why you say press the AV bottom repeatedly. Do you mean under 'Source' on the TV remote control? Or the little button on the DVD recorder remote control? Either way the message on the screen simply says I am not connected to AV.

BUT….although I am using SCART, I have a vague memory that I once was using AV. Am I doing something wrong with the cabling?

Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.
This is the proper cabling:Aerial into RF in on your recorder.RF out of the recorder to your TV.Set your recorder to channel 3.Using the source button on your TV remote, press it repeatedly until the CBL/Sat input is selected. It should be on the top of the list. Now tell me if you can watch TV with this connection. If you can, press the guide button and tell me if you still see 1.