Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I switched my DMR-EZ47VEB. Off whilst on holiday. It will not

I switched my DMR-EZ47VEB. Off whilst on holiday. It will not operate now all I get on screen is U81 . Have tried cures listed in operating instructions with no luck . HELP please.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. How old is the machine? Do you ever get any other errors or is it always U81?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Fredy the machine is about 6 years old never been a problem before no errors at all just this one U81
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Darn it is no longer under warranty at that age, I was hoping you still had a warranty. I really hate to tell you this but U81 when that is the only error coming up is normally caused by a blown capacitor on the main board. If you have ever soldered before you can usually see it. It is a C153. If you have never soldered before you may want to bring it to a shop if done improperly you can damage the entire board. IC1508 normally needs to be replaced as well. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Panasonic.