Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a Panasonic bhs dvd COMBI DMR-EZ47VEB which was showing the U61 on display , I have

I have a Panasonic bhs dvd COMBI DMR-EZ47VEB which was showing the U61 on display , I have done all that the instructions tell me but when I switch the unit back on the message reads; self check did not complete. I have removed the plug from socket but still the same message Appears ? Help.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Is it the same number every time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Freddy M , yes it is the same number every time.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
How old is it? Did you happen to get an extended warranty? U61 means the machine is performing a repair, how long did you leave it on showing that number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The machine is about 6 years old and no I do not have extended warranty. I left it on for about 30 seconds then switched it off as it had just finished recording a programme and was about to start recording another, so I switched it off.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Turn it on and leave it on please, let it try to recover. It should either switch back to normal or give you a new error. If it gives a new error please give me that. If it goes back to normal you do not need to do anything else. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys - it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I switched it back on it is the same number U61, then a message appears on screen saying ;
self check did not complete.
1) Press ok. Then the unit opens the disc tray, and turns to standby.
2) Press POWER to restart. If this message still appears, please refer to the contact information listed on the operating instructions .
So I have followed that but the same thing happens again.
When I first switch it back on it makes a noise as if it is trying to do something but the same number and message appear every time.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Open the disc tray and if any discs are in it remove them. Then press the power button. If no discs are in it this would be a very bad sign.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
O.k did that, U61 appears then Hello appears on the small window but the message on the TVs screen still says as before : self check did not complete etc.
There is still a tape in the vcr side but I can't even get it to change to vcr mode
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately if the error still comes up after doing that it means you have a system error that would need to be fixed by a Panasonic technician. For that you need to call 0344(###) ###-#### ***** is not something you would be able to fix yourself it usually involves reloading the system software. If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Panasonic.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience