Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a dvd recorder model DMR-EZ25EB when I go to the Guide

I have a dvd recorder model DMR-EZ25EB when I go to the Guide it comes up with the titles but the list of TV stations and the programme details are just blank. They where there but have gone completely. Any ideas how to get them back please
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue. - Have you tried to unplug DVD Recorder power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry for delay. have tried unplugging and leaving but the result was the same When I switched it back on it came up with analogue retuning and then said there was no information

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to hear that, it seems digital tuner failure in recorder that process the TV station signals, replacement of tuner will help to resolve the problem, recorder needs to take in nearest TV repair shop for repair as it requires good soldering work with proper tools and expertise to replace tuner. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.