Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Sharpe LC-22SV2E (Aqous) TV but am unable any

Customer Question

I have a Sharpe LC-22SV2E (Aqous) TV but am unable to obtain any picture. Could it be that the fluorescent lamp needs replacing. If so, what be the approx., replacement cost.

Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Are you still getting sound from the TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes. There is still sound.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Ian
Can you remove the power by unplugging it from the power socket.
Then hold the power button on the TV for 60 seconds then release.
Wait 10 minutes
Connect the power, turn on the TV and tell me if you now get a picture please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have followed your instructions, twice. Each time the picture returned only for it to disappear again after a minute or two.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Ian
It points to the backlight as faulting.
You will need to take it into a repair store and have this tested but if its the light it is an inexpensive repair. If it is the mainboard, I would advise to first get a pricing before going ahead as it may cost more then a replacement TV
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** I have no further questions to ask unless you have a view on Toshiba TVs. I am thinking of buying their 32” model to replace the Sharpe TV which, as you thought, was not worth repairing.

Kind regards,

Ian
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I would avoid Ian and go with either LG or Samsung.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Richard -

I changed my mind about getting a Toshiba and, coincidentally, I thought to replace it with a Samsung or LG, before I received your email recommending the same two models. In the end I decided to buy a 32" Samsung which was delivered yesterday, very prompt service seeing that it was standard, free delivery.

Best wishes.

Ian