Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35+ years in the business and still at it everyday
39158752

I have a viera link DVD recorder from Panasonic that has lost

I have a viera link DVD recorder from Panasonic that has lost the Disc management portion of menu therefore cannot record, format or play any discs. HELP
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I am prepared to wait as long as it WILL NOT cost any more. Penny Willis.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to me.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Adam
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is***** can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions like the model number of this unit so could you please send me a reply when you see this ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Moral number is *****
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the model numberDoes the remote do anything to the DMR or simply not operational ?Just shows that A1 when trying to use any functions on the remote ?You said that you cannot see part of the menu and cannot record,format or play a disc.Seems to me that you don`t need the menu to play a disc , you just press the play button ???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Remote working well
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but I`m not sure where we are at here , too much delay between replies .You were saying that you could not record or play , is that working now ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The .machine doesn't recognize any discs YB gt
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then we are talking about something quite differentYou cannot open part of the menu when there is no disc or the unit does not read the disc .These are dvd , just as a test try a music cd and see if it will read it.Or a commercially made dvd perhaps ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry the connection on email answer didn't take me back to your site that's why communication has been aukward. I cannot afford to ring
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Never mind the phone offer , this was an automated offer from the website, not me
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
I have to step out 20 minutes , try what I asked above and let me know
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Back online
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already tried discs that I have recorded on my machine music and film and none are acknowledged. It is only the Disc Management portion of the menu that has vanished
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
If the machine cannot read the disc or think it has no disc inside then there will be noting to manage and the machine won`t let you get in there , it has to see a disc first .A music CD or pre-recorded disc is much easier to read then a home made disc so if your optical block/laser is getting weak or needs cleaning then perhaps it will read a music cdThis is just a test anyway , try a music cd then a pre-recorded dvd
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think you are telling me that the machine has to be sent to the place all recorders end up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried new DVD & new ram Disc plus bought CDs nothing plays
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Yes well it is possible that this one is ready for recorder heaven if it cannot read any disc to start with .Again , the machine has to see a disc before it will let you make choices about it.You could try one of those laser cleaning disc but it is my experience that they are useless
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
This is what your laser lens would look like and if you were to remove the top cover then with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol you could try to clean it gently in circular motions and try it again , it may help but even if it works this usually means the laser is going out and won`t last long , click the link below ;https://www.dropbox.com/s/hv16rj8iav9rfya/2015-11-20_1529.png?dl=0By the way , if that link opens a login window popup then just close it with the upper corner X or the "no thanks . continue to view"The picture is behind that
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions. Thank you
Jack, Technician
Experience: 35+ years in the business and still at it everyday