Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Disply on my panasonic dmr ex88 reads ... dv d 3 cannot go

Customer Question

[disply on my panasonic dmr ex88 reads ... dv d 3 cannot go to functions menu, as when i press any button on my remote dv d 3 appears on display unit the code should be dv d 2
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the power to the recorder (so unplug it from the power socket) then wait 10 minutes
Connect the power, turn it on and tell me if it then functions correctly.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have disconnected power , for over 10 mins several times before , but dv d3 still appers on display unit when i press any button on my remote control ,
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, while it is on, hold on the actual player itself the channel up and down buttons for 10 seconds then release.
This should initiate a reset, and then setup the player again and tell me if it then functions please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have already done this richard it only resets the tuning ie .. the tuner scans for stationS , the remote control still deos not work . the dispays unit reads dv d3
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I only saw from you under already tried
"could not go to function menu as remote code is stuck on dv d3"
But it should have done a reset and let you set it up again
Press and hold the number 3 and ok on the Panasonic remote control for 10 seconds.
Does it then correct itself?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
richard .. i must tell you that i changed the remote code from dv d2 to dv d3 myself in mistake , ie it should be on dv d 1 or dv d2
i cannot get it back on dv d 2 as dv d 3 appears when i press any button on remote
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes I know, which is why I had you do the last instructions which should have set it back.
It did not do this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no richard it only reset the tuning stations! it had no effect on my problem
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your not reading my last instructions!
I will repeat
While pressing [OK], press and hold the numbered button
([1]) for more than 5 seconds.
Press [OK].
This changes it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes richard the number 3 is on the units disply now! what do i do now
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, ill try once more....
Can you please just take a second and CAREFULLY read my message as you pressed 3 and not 1
I will again repeat
([1] (ONE)) for more than 5 seconds.
Press [OK].
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have done this, i have pressed ok and i , but the number 3 still appears on my display
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
how long did you hold both buttons for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
io seconds or more
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok richard i have read this page , i am doing what the manual said , i have pressed ok and 1 for 20 seconds but the number 3 is only appering on the display?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** did not switch it
It is the internal memory that has faulted and it has defaulted to this. The procedure I am giving is the only way to change it.
We have ruled out all other causes for this
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the player to have the mainboard replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.