info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Technician for many high street outlets 20 years plus experience
18621325

We have a Panasonic Viera TV and a Recorder model DMR-EX773EB

We have a Panasonic Viera TV and a Recorder model DMR-EX773EB bought in Dec 2011. The recorder has suddenly started to display AV1 and won't connect to the TV digitally, only showing analogue (which it isn't!). Have we pressed a button which has messed up the settings?!
Welcome
My name is Anthony
Please reboot both the TV and the recorder by unplugging both from wallpower waiting 5 mins then replugging back in again let me know if there is any change thanks
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Anthony. The recorder is now displaying EXT-L
Yes have you tried switching inputs with the remote?or on the unit itself?what input is it that you need ?
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry that is too technical! What do you mean by inputs?
OK please tell me how the DVD is connected to the TV, have a look at the leads at the back is it scart or hdmi it will all be marked on the DVD player and the TV so you may have the aerial going to the DVD and a fly lead to the set and then you may have scart also let me know what inputs the leads are going to like AV1, its all there on the back of the TV and the back of the DVD
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is an HDMI1 connection into the TV and going to HDMI into the recorder. Nothing has actually been changed since yesterday. I went to do an automatic setup this morning as I often need to do and it simply failed to recognise anything.
OK thats good info now on the TV will be marked the INPUT the HDMI is going into so it may for example be marked HDMI 1 ,let me know this because we need to get the TV and the DVD in the same mode
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is going into HMDI1
Right that is the TV
Now have a look at the other end of the HDMI going into the box and let me know what it says for the OUTPUT of the box it may be similiar like AV1 or EXT 1
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It says HDMI AV out
OK you need to get the DVD into that AV 1 or AV mode so pick up the DVD remote find the INPUT or SOURCE or EXT button or AV button and continually press that until you see AV in the window of the DVD , then pick up the TV remote find the INPUT button on there cycle the button until you see the HDMI banner its then that you should see the DVD coming through.
If you are having trouble I will need 10 mins to go through the manuals to find the buttons let me know
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can't even turn the recorder on at the moment. If I press the "on" button the recorder displays EXT-1 then turns itself off.
I see and now its understood, OK you have a problem here likely to be bad firmware with the box if its switching off too it means its far too bad to try an upgrade (the disc needs to spin) I am afraid its not good news to get the unit going again would mean the firmware would need to be done manually and only an approved panasonic agent can do that but these units now are aging so I am not sure if it will be worth your while to pay for that work
Let me know your thoughts here
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When I say "switching off" I mean it is going back to showing the time, not that it is going completely blank. Does that make a difference?
Here is the firmware http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/support/global/cs/dvd/download/ex773/uk.html <<click If you can upgrade via usb then you may be able to salvage the upgrade Anthony
No you cant do it via usb
Sorry this is a no go for you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It has just gone back to AV1 so I will try what you suggested earlier and let you know what happens.
OK but the firmware is corrupt and unstable
Please consider rating the answer positively thank you there will be a rating band with this post, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please just let me know and I will answer any queries you have Many Thanks Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Right. We have pressed the AV button and the input selection list came up on the TV screen. It was set to HDMI1. I few press OK the recorder simply continues showing AV1.
Its the firmware its bad there is nothing you can do when that happens, it can happen with anything that's computer based and causes most trouble with any electronic product , its a string of data that controls the hardware if it goes bad then things will grind to a halt i'm afraid, now you could have it manually done but only a panasonic agent can do that
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Oh well. Nothing lasts for ever. Thanks for trying to help. Good wishes. Lorna.
Lorna please remember to rate the answer positively with the rating bar thank you there will be a rating bar with this post this is the only way I receive credit from the site thank you
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi. I just thought you'd like to know that the recorder kicked in today, so we must have done something that sorted it out when it was given "rest" overnight, perhaps the reboot. It is now working perfectly. Thanks for your patience and help.
Yes this can happen when the firmware is glitch y I do hope it lasts for you
Anthony