Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

How do I transfer recorded programmes from my Panasonic DMR

Customer Question

how do I transfer recorded programmes from my Panasonic DMR EX99V to my new DMR740 EB
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Unfortunately there is no direct transfer process or quick way to move content.They are both encrypted differently and file formats are not interchangeable.You'd have to connect audio/video cables out of the first to input of the 2nd, then play back items on first while recording on the 2nd.This would be a 1:1 recording process, meaning it would take 1 hour to transfer 1 hour of content. You'd be better off just hooking them both up temporarily, recording new content on the new one, and get through watching everything on the old until it can be removed. __Please note:I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.