Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

My samsung ht-e4500 no longer plays blu ray

my samsung ht-e4500 no longer plays blu ray
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Does it have any problem with playing regular (non BD) discs?Does it give any error messages, such as "no disc"?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it just says the disc is not compatible though plays normal dvds just fine and even up-scales them to 1080
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for confirming. This type of problem is often caused by a contaminated laser lens. There is a separate laser for bluray discs only, which is why regular ones work fine.You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc tray/slot area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens). If this doesn't help, you can try a specialty cleaning disc (Allsop 23321 Ultra Pro Carbon-Edge DVD and CD-Drive Cleaner) which has little brushes that clean the lens more thoroughly. If neither of these cleaning steps help, then this is more likely a hardware fault, which could include a bad laser emitter or pickup, faulty spindle motor or laser transport, bad d/a converter, etc. Any of these issues would require repair/replacement.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
is this matter closed now?
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
No, I've given you specific steps to attempt, with the intent that you'd then reply back with the results.Did you attempt the suggested cleaning?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no sorry sounded a bit abrupt just read your reply but didnt know how the site worked going to try cleaning the lenses now
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for any confusion. The question remains open, and is intended to be an ongoing dialogue.I'll be here when you're ready to continue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi I have been out and purchased a lense cleaner this seems to have solved the problem
the player is now playing both dvd and bd :)
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Great, glad that did the trick for you. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1gHgj1k Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,Nathan