Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

My HD Sky TV reads "NO SIGNAL" and 1. Check the Cable

Customer Question

My HD Sky TV reads "NO SIGNAL" and
1. Check the Cable and
2. Press Source
Usually I can fix this by turning everything off at the mains for 5 minutes and all is well when I turn on again.
Not this time! Can you help, please
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
You are seeing this on the tv screen, correct?If so, the tv may be on the wrong input.Grab the TV remote (not the sky remote) and look at the top for a button that says SOURCE, INPUT, VIDEO, etc.Pres that, repeatedly, if needed, to cycle through the different input modes (hdmi1, hdmi2, etc) until you get signal back from the box. If still no change, then you may have a faulty sky box (but you can test by seeing if you can get signal from another device such as a dvd player). If the box is not outputting signal, unplug power to it at the mains for at least 60 seconds, and if still no change then you'd contract sky to have the box replaced as the next step. Best regards,Nathan --Please note:I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.