Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a DMR-PWT635 DVD recorder/player. On page 47 of the

Customer Question

I have a DMR-PWT635 DVD recorder/player. On page 47 of the Operating Instructions book it says that I can connect a USB HDD devise to set up an external memory. I have tried this with a unit I have and get an error message that my unit is not compatible with the Panasonic machine and I should obtain a USB HDD with a capacity of 160M to 3TB.Can you advise me of a suitable device and if you make one?
Cliff Hassall
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Have you tried following the steps on page 64 of the manual and first registering the HDD? If not then please proceed with these steps and we can then determine if the HDD is compatible with the Panasonic or not: 1 Press [SETUP]. 2 Select “Settings for USB HDD” in “HDD / Disc / USB HDD”, then press [OK]. 3 Select “USB HDD Registration”, then press [OK]. 4 Select “Yes”, then press [OK].• If you have already registered eightUSB HDDs, it will be necessary to deleteone or more of them before registering anew USB HDD.The message screen appears:1 Select “Yes”, then press [OK].2 Select the USB HDD to cancel, thenpress [OK].The confirmation screen appears.3 Select “Yes”, then press [OK]. 5 When the registering is complete, message screen appears. Press [OK]. 6 The confirmation screen appears. Press [OK]. Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.