info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Technician for many high street outlets 20 years plus experience
18621325

I have a DVD recorder model DMR-EX77EB approx.7 years old.

I have a DVD recorder model DMR-EX77EB approx.7 years old. It has worked very well but recently any programme recorded from TV appears to have sounds coming from another programme i.e. speech and music, not loud but enough to be irritating especially in quiet scenes. I usually record on to the hard drive and delete after viewing, rarely keeping any for long. Any suggestions as to why this is happening?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Welcome
How are you hooked up with the DVD to the TV?what leads please?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
scart lead
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks
Please replace the scart lead first and let me know if that makes any difference
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am unable to remove the scart lead (old lady hands are useless and my husband is disabled) I would need to get someone here to pull the lead out and replace it if this is what it needs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does the hard drive become damaged or contaminated by constant use?
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Yes if that does not work I suggest you try another input like composite red/white/yellow as it appears you are getting some breakthrough using scart
Let me know if you need more help
Please would you rate the answer positively with the rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page thank you
Anthony