Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35+ years in the business and still at it everyday
39158752

I have a toshiba 40BV701B tv and the sound doesn't work

Customer Question

Hi. I have a toshiba 40BV701B tv and the sound doesn't work but the picture is fine. Any suggestions?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hi , I`m Jack Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first could you please send me a reply when you see this ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jack
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello What is connected to this tv ?Cable box,satellite,dvd,games etc. ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Satellite box, DVD player, and an android tv box
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k and did you lose the sound on all of them or only the satellite ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no sound on all of them
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then you have a main board problem .Can you give me a few minutes on this ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Sorry this took a while ,was looking for a possible main board replacement for this tv and the way I see it , considering the cost of replacement and non availability ,your best choice would be to use a work around like a sound bar or mall sound system for example .On your tv ,although there is no sound out of its own speakers , there will be sound out of it COAX OUT .That is the connector next to SubW OUTWhat you would need in this case is a soundbar that takes the coaxial/digital audio input .Most of them now do take the digital input and I`m sure that places like curry`s do have them in stock for less than 60 pounds .Beside fixing this problem , this would give you a better sound than original with the TV's own speakers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the sound bar the only option to fix the problem? Do you think the main board is broken beyond repair?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
These main board do not get repaired , they get replaced , this is not like the old days where you would replace components , you cannot get individual parts any longer .This is now the board swapping age and you would be talking about some 150 to 200 pounds to have this repaired by a shop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wow! What type of sound bar would be suitable for this to then?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Any sound bar that has a coaxial digital input will do .There are quite a few models starting at around 50 pounds and up .Currys and other stereo stores now have quite a selection , those sound bars are ever more popular now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thanks for your help
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions or need help setting up your sound bar . Thank you and happy holidays
Jack, Technician
Experience: 35+ years in the business and still at it everyday
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jack. Will the Goodmans 45W Slim Soundbar, Aux-in and RCA Output work??
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Sorry , was out when you repliedThat sound bar would work but only if the headset jack on your tv is still active , that cannot be verified from where i`m sitting .Do you happen to have a small seet of headphones like what is used for ipeds ipads etc, with the 3,5 mm plug ?If so give it a try and if there is sound there then that soundbar will do but it will not do for the digital coaxial , it is analog only