Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

My Panasonic dmrez27 doesn't appear to turn on

Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Do you see any lights on the front, anything on the display such as an error message or other indicator?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apologies for the delay in responding , in answer to your question the lights do. It come on but there is power inside the unit
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Did you mean to say the lights do not come on?Sorry your last reply is a bit unclear.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry , yes the lights do not come on
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for confirming, Mark. Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, often a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; as a 2007 model , that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising. This unit has exceeded its service life many times over now. There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors. If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure. This is something that would require repairs to correct; though repairs simply aren't feasible. There are no parts available and labor alone far exceeds the value of the system. Repairs would average $250. For a system of this age, replacement will make more sense. You can get a brand new system with updated features and a fresh warranty for less than you'd spend on repairs. Depending how you’d like to proceed here, I can help with finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options. Just let me know. Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Having tried your suggested solution it appears that the unit is u/s.
Thank you for your time and patience, the solution is now to purchase another unit even though this unit was hardly used.
Thank you once again
Mark Burnett
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome, Mark, and my apologies again that there isn't a better outcome here. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,Nathan