info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Technician for many high street outlets 20 years plus experience
18621325

My Samsung 55inch LED television has recently started making

Customer Question

Hi, my Samsung 55inch LED television has recently started making " popping" sounds occasionally, maybe once every 20minutes or so. The picture and sound both seem fine. Is this something you have information about? Thank you.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Welcome
Do you think the popping sounds are coming from the speakers or the set itself please?
How old is the set please ?
Has this something that has happened recently?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Anthony, yes the sound is coming from speakers, the TV is about 5 years old and the noise started about a week ago.thanks.
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
OK how are you viewing TV services?satellite/cable box/aerial?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mainly through Sky / dish but have freeview / areal on there too. Not checked if popping sounds happen when on freeview, is that something I should do?
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Yes try that and let meknow
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, watched freeview tv, albeit only for a short time last night and "popping" sound didn't happen! Will try on both sky and freeview again tonight and get back in touch. Thanks.
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
OK yes you see it could very well be the sky box that is causing this let me know anyhow Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, yes, the popplng noise only seems to happen when we watch the TV through sky, which is what we do the vast majority of the time. We also watch another Samsung tv which is connected to the same sky box that is not making the popping noise. Any ideas? Thanks.
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Are they both connected to the sky box the same way?please let me know how they are connected for example HDMI Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Anthony, sorry for the delays responding back as I am at work quite a lot! As far as I can tell, the upstairsTV that is making the popping sound is connected to sky by coaxial cable and the other tv is connected by a HDMI lead.hope that makes sense. Thanks.
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Yes you see its because its connected via coaxial cable and there is no guarantees with that method of connection the signal is dropping in strength and that is why its popping please try an aerial amplifier this is a box that you take out the coax lead plug it into the box then a fly lead from the box to the TV that will probably stop it as it will increase the gain of the signal the box is about £15 you can get one from Maplins
Let me know if you need more info
Please consider rating the answer positively thank you there will be a rating band of stars usually at the top of the page with this post, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please just let me know and I will answer any queries you have
Many Thanks
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that Anthony, I will give that a try and let you know how it goes.
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
OK
Let me know
Please consider at this point rating what information I have provided so far positively, there will be a rating band with this post of stars usually at the top of the page, rating positive is the only way I get credited by the site for the help thank you.Please note the question NEVER closes and remains open always so bookmark the page
Anthony