Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I need to get the guide to work on my Sony TV. Will pay if

I need to get the guide to work on my Sony TV. Will pay if this is resolved but not if not. Am getting L1 in the display
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.1- Could you please get me the model number written on unit?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(###) ###-####
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
It seems serial number of unit, please check model number that would be written nearby.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hope number helps. Keen to get this sorted out
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
(###) ###-####seems serial number of unit, please check model number that would be written nearby.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if need to give you more information
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Are you getting my replies?(###) ###-####seems serial number of unit and I need model number of unit in question to troubleshoot the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is somebody working on this?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Not sure why you're not providing me model number info of unit in question to troubleshoot the issue, without model number info how do I know what unit we are talking about?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry now have your reply and model no is RDR DC200
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** is the unit and was it working fine before with same aerial/ antenna?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
only a few years old and yes was working fine with same aerial
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unit works fine in DVD mode
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, what happens if you try to run Auto Channel Settings option in system-menu of recorder?Does it scan channels?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Trying that now and it is starting to run channels
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, please reply back with the result.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Process seems complete and it has come back with message saying your digital receiver found and do I want to save channel? I say yes??
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, did it save received channels?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Think is doing that now. Wasn't sure if all channels. Do you mean bbc1 etc?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Yes, are you getting all the regular channels now available in area?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says is auto scanning now and now it says my analog receiver found and asks if I want to save channel
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Sure, go ahead and let it finish channel scan process.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Says ATV:0 is analog receiver
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Press OK/Yes every time when recorder says it found a channel so it can save it in memory, once channel scan process finished then check does it show your required channels?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok some progres In that when go into guide it now shows me all the channels listed but so far or not yet with programmes showing. When I not in guide still says L2
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At top of guide it says no programmes to list. It feels like some progress to get guide screen though. Are programmes on their way or does this mean have not fully scanned? I thought process was complete unless have to do something manually or set clock again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It also says L2 in top right hand of screen when switch out of guide
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
This is odd, please unplug recorder power cord from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and turn it On.Press Input button on recorder remote to change input source to TV instead of L1 or L2 or press Prog button on recorder remote to see if local channel picture appears on TV screen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I have unplugged so starting 10 mins now
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, take your time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok when I press input it gives me choice of only line 1 or line 2 or digital. A few programmes are now showing in guide but are things like bbc3 and not bbc1. Is some progress though
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, please select Digital option instead of L1 or L2. Lets try to reset the recorder to default settings then run auto channel option again so recorder can do fresh scan of available channels in area and hopefully it will help to resolve the issue.Turn On the recorder power, eject the disc if any.Now hold down the Stop button and press Power button on recorder to restore default settings, recorder will turn Off, release both buttons on recorder, unplug power cord for 5 minutes, replug back in, turn On the recorder and run auto channel to search the available channels.Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.
Shahid, Technician
Experience: I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech