Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

I have a Panasonic dmp-bdt270 bluray player. When connected

Hi. I have a Panasonic dmp-bdt270 bluray player. When connected via hdmi to my Samsung tv, the tv claims there is "no signal". This wasn't always the case a I have successfully played DVDs on this TV.. The first time this failure happened I checked all cables and sockets, even tried a different tv, but to no avail. I exchanged my bluray player at the shop. But now, a couple of days later, it's happening again. It can't be two faulty players. What am I doing wrong?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What is the model number of the tv?Does this happen with all hdmi input ports and with multiple hdmi devices (cable/satellite, etc)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Thanks for getting back to me. It's just with the Bluray player - satellite tv (Sky) is fine. The "no signal" happens in hdmi1, 2 and 3 sockets but only with the bluray. And the first bluray machine wouldn't give a signal in a different tv either. I haven't tested this replacement one on the other TV though. The main tv model is a Samsung UE32J5600AK.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's weird because I have used the bluray player successfully since purchasing last week
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
So the sky service is actually through a hdmi connected sky box, correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Okay, a few things to check:Go into settings (support) on the tv and make sure it has the latest firmwarethen test that new player on another tv too if possible
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok in the menu under software update it says auto-update is on anyway, and that it's up to date. Will try player on other tv now
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WHOA NEDDY. The player works in the other TV. Just to reiterate, I had the same no-signal problem when I first bought this player and had to replace it because it didn't work in either TV (after the first, successful, viewing). But this one does.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
There are a few possible issues here:You could have a bad hdmi cable (did you test with the same cable or a different one, on the other tv)?There may be a firmware issue on the player (if it works on the other tv, go into its menu and update it too).Or there is a HDCP communication issue with the tv.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've tried it with two different hdmi cables, including the one that works for the sky digibox, so I think we can rule out the cable. Will try to update players firmware now
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Interesting: auto update was on, yet the version it was running is the old one. Am updating it now and will report back shortly when I've tested it on the other tv
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Great, thanks for the update.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hallelujah! Success. You da man, Nathan. Thanks very much for your help and good night!
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Great! Glad that did the trick for you, Chris. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please rate my service; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,Nathan