Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

How to finalise a disc that was taken out before it was finalised,

How to finalise a disc that was taken out before it was finalised, when i put it back to finalise it, it says there is no titles, but i can see on disc it has been recorded?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
If the disk is not being read then it cannot be finalized.
On some models, if the disk can be read, then you can record an additional amount of content to it then finalise that and it will finalise.
But if it is saying no titles, it means that whilst there is data on the disk, it was not closed off to create a complete title and as such the player cannot read it. If the player cannot read it, then it cannot finalise it sorry.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What does 'it was not closed off to create a complete title' mean? Does closing off mean the same as finalising?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, when it finalises it closes off the data stream, this makes the disk final.
This gives it a complete file that can then be interpreted by the recorder.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
As discussed, you can get the disk herehttp://www.amazon.co.uk/Hama-CD-DVD-Lens-Cleaner/dp/B000S5UJRQthank you and all the best.Richard