LOAJ3256
LOAJ3256, Technician
Experience:  35 years technical audio and video systems integrator
444199

I have a sony 8 video recorder EV-5600 and a sony DVD recorder

Customer Question

I have a sony 8 video recorder EV-5600 and a sony DVD recorder RDR-HX510 since
buying my latest TV a sony brava KDL 32W654A i have been unable to use them because
I do not know how to wire them up.
I also have BT youview box [humas 8]
Is it possible to get some sort of diagram?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com.Yeah, i do believe you can still connect your "Sony 8 VR EV-5600", and the "Sony DVD recorder RDR-HX510" to your newest Television "Sony KDL 32W654A" 32 inch..HOwever.....i may need more information about the products you have.....depending on what manuals i can pull that will show me, so that i can give you a kind of step by step diagram..I may need to take some pictures of the BACK of the devices....just so i can be sure i am telling you the correct procedure.But we can cross that bridge when we get to it..Please give me a bit of time to compile the necessary information, and then formulate a diagram for you.Please check back often.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK
Okay after searching the web, im not able to find any images of the BACK (the connectors and labeling) of the Sony 8 video recorder EV-5600.Can you take some pictures of the BACK, and then upload them to me?I need an overall BACK view, then an upclose of all the differnt ports/connectors.You can upload the images to this chat, using the paperclip icon.
IM not too sure the "Sony 8 Video Recorder EV-5600" has the proper OUTPUT to connect to a modern television.After all, this device (EV-5600), is fairly old....correct? I mean it was made back in the 90's or early 00's. Making this device close to 20 years old..So you might need a component that will convert the cabling to a more modern connection.Still waiting on those pictures of the BACK of the EV-5600 though...The RDR-HX510 can and WILL connect to the Television, however to get the best picture, you will have to use the COMPONENT Cable connection.I have attached an image of a diagram to illustrate HOW you will do this connection. See the below image link.
Here is a diagram of how to connect the DVD recorder to your TV. (made this using multiple snips, and adding in my own lines)It is much more specific as it shows the BACK of your DVD player. So you know WHERE EXACTLY on the DVD player to plug in the cables.I would do the same for the back of the TV, but i dont have an image of the back of the TV.
Please let me know, if you are having any trouble.