LOAJ3256
LOAJ3256, Technician
Experience:  35 years technical audio and video systems integrator
444199

I have a 42" LG TV 4K ultra HD Freeview TV. I have purchased

Customer Question

Hi I have a 42" LG TV 4K ultra HD Freeview TV. I have purchased a USB stick so I can record programmes and alike, however when I go onto the programming guide it tells me USB stick not found. And I also thought I would be able too pause, rewind, the TV as well.
Help do I have a USB stick which is not compatible I don't know. What I do know is it's driving me crazy.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
40UF675V - ZGManufactured June 15
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info.Have you tried to format USB memory stick in PC then copy few MP3 music files and MP4 video files, plug the USB in TV and select USB input and check if TV plays audio and video files?Please reply back with the result.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried formatting, no joy although I don't want to play music or watch a movie via the USB. Am I confused about the function of the USB, I thought I would be able to record programmes of the TV onto my USB. If so can I purchase a USB that is already formatted for my TV.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, that way I was trying to see if TV recognize the USB memory stick. Does TV remote has Record* button?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it has all functions Record, Pause, Stop, Rewind and Fast Forward. Yet when I go onto TV guide then press TV schedule in the top right corner it says USB not found.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
- Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, plug USB stick and check?If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?