Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

What code do I need to enter into a Panasonic Freeview box

What code do I need to enter into a Panasonic Freeview box (such as, say, DMR-HWT 150 EB) in order to configure a Humax TV, model LP32-TDR1?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,You don't need to enter any code into the Freeview box.You just need to connect it to the TV and then select the correct input on the TV using the TV's remote control.Hope that helps!Pete.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is not what happened when I tried before Christmas. The Panasonic set up service provided a list of specific codes for different brands (and perhaps models also) but Humax was not on the list. There must be a code somewhere and I think contact with someone at the Panasonic end to be more reliable than asking Humax, who have withdrawn from selling actual televisions.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hmm, are you perhaps talking about a code for the remote control?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why would Panasonic require a code for its own remote? And why do Panasonic include a list of TV makes and perhaps models, with specific codes for each, in its set up instructions?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me what code you are referring to, and where you are trying to insert it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, sorry, I cannot - the item has been returned. At the time, Humax seemed to understand and said that they could have given me a code but I had decided to switch to Humas Freeview. These I find not to be as good as Panasonic. If I might suggest. I assume someone doing what you has means to make contact with Panasonic and Humax both. The introductory website suggested that each of you is at least very close to Panasonic.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Ok, let me know if I can be of any further assistance at all...Have a great weekend!Pete.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In line three I meant to say: 'doing what you do has means'
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I understand :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Pete - I am an old man, but not a fool, who identified one fact: the Panasonic Manual to a popular Freeview box specified codes which would configure the box to TV brands. The My TV was not on the list. That is fact, not confusion. I am asking you to find the answer so that I can be sure to make the connection when I repurchase a Panasonic Freeview box. If you are unable to help,then perhaps you will make instruction for my £11 to be refunded to me. The disclaimer has no force in law. The website will not have done what it said it would do. Thank you.
Charles Ellis
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Dear *****,The list of TVs are those that can have their volume controlled by the Panasonic remote. If your TV is not on the list, the box will still work with your TV for viewing however you need to use the separate TV remote to adjust the volume.
Pete, Engineer
Experience: Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** it only the volume? Or is it the sound system as a whole? I can live with the former but not the latter. One more reply only required from you!
Charles
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi Charles,It is only the TV volume that you need to be concerned about.You can still control the sound system from the Panasonic remote.Hope that helps!Pete.