info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Technician for many high street outlets 20 years plus experience
18621325

I have recently purchased a Panasonic DMR-BWT740. As we live

I have recently purchased a Panasonic DMR-BWT740. As we live in a part of Derbyshire that has an appalling freeview reception I need to connect it to my Skybox-HOW?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  info tech replied 10 months ago.
HelloWelcome Can you please get me the model number of the sky box it should be on the back or sometimes on the front of the box please Let me know thanksAnthony
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry for not replying promptly Anthony, I have been away for a few days. The SKY part code is 15024
4f31290383387206B
SKY DRX890W-C 22A147E383387206
I want to run the recorder from the SKY box and not from the freeview source but when the recorder is switched on it is looking for a freeview source and seems not to be tuning to the SKY box. I know I am doing something stupid but I have connected a scart from the SKY box to the recorder as shown in the information book supplied with the recorder. I know the SKY box is working correctly as I have connected a HDMI straight from the SKY box to the TV. Help!
Expert:  info tech replied 9 months ago.
Does your TV have HDMI inputs?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Yes the TV has two, one is connected to the recorder and the second one I have connected to the SKY box to prove the Sky box is working, the recorder does not have a HDMI input I think this is something to do with illegal copying so the recorder is connected to the Sky box with a start as shown in the book supplied with the recorder.
I make out the RECORDER does have HDMI?it has HDMI in and HDMI OUT?
Please have another look on the back of the recorder
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The recorder has two HDMI 1and HDMI2 both inputs.
No the one with ARC on is HDMI out it cant just have IN only,
ARC is to do with returning the audio that wont come into play here
Confirmed?
You can then run the sat box into HDMI in, pick out the HDMI to record with the RECORDER remote , and run the ARC HDMI out to the TV? Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page with this post, note the question remains open ALWAYS Many Thanks Anthony
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am sorry Anthony I may have misled you, the recorder only has HMDI out which goes to the tv, it does not have a HMDI input, it has a scart input connected directly to the SKY box as shown in the manual supplied with the recorder, I read somewhere that there is some copyright reason that there is no input HDMI as if there were it would be possible to produce near perfect copies, it is the tv that has two HMDI inputs, none are marked ARC. It seems the recorder need tuning to the SKY output but how?
Sorry I was looking at a diff diagram The DMR scart is scart IN only did you know that?so you could scart out into the DMR from the SAT box again picking out that INPUT with the RECORDER remote? By the way you can still record via HDMI its the HDCP circuitry that protects copyright Let me know if you manage thisAnthony
There is limitations however with recording
info tech, Technician
Experience: Technician for many high street outlets 20 years plus experience