Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

The Display on the DVD Recorder is showing L2 and I cannot access Guide. Because the pi

The Display on the DVD Recorder is showing L2 and I cannot access Guide.
Because the picture on the TV screen was breaking up, I removed the outside aerial from the recorder and put it in the T.V. When I wanted to return it to the recorder,unfortunately, I put the other aerial in.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Could you please get me the model number written on DVD Recorder in question?Thanks.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, so it is Sony DVD Recorder RDR-DC100Please do not open fresh question and keep replying here to continue troubleshooting.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Please reply this message so I know we are connected to proceed further.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think it would be better to speak to you personally than for you to write me directions on how to fix the problem? I am quite good at working with technology. If I phone you that will mean £35.00 in total which is a lot of money
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't need to add any more at the moment. I think I have given you all the info. except that I may not have told you that I've also tried pressing the reset button.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info, L2 means recorder is set on line-2 input mode and you would need to select correct input on recorder or its remote to get tuner input mode which will allow the local channel picture.Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've tried pressing the input on both the remote control and the recorder to no avail. Should I have the recorder all hooked up while I do this? Many thanks for your help so far
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Its no necessary to hook the recorder all the way, try to press CH button on recorder or its remote, L2 should disappear and channel number would be shown.Please reply back with the result.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have aa channel button on the recorder or the remote. I tried pressing program - the display is now showing L1
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
ah OK, Program or Channel button is same thing, press Program one more time to get the recorder to tuner input mode and it will show channel number.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a channel button and I tried pressing the programme button but nothing happened. The display is now showing L1. I had this recorder I London but, since coming here, I haven't been able to connect so that I can play the TV through the recorder if you understand what I mean. I don't know if that is making a difference
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, working on it and get back to you in 10 minutes, is it OK?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That will be fine, thank you
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Mary, lets try to reset the recorder to default settings that should work to resolve the issue.Make sure that the recorder is turned on and remove the disc, if any in recorder.Hold down stop button on the recorder and press Power button on the recorder. All settings will reset and the recorder turn off.Unplug recorder power cord from wall socket for 5 minutes, replug back in and turn it On. Does initial/ first time setup wizard appear on screen? If so, please go through to finish it, recorder should run auto program to scan available local channels through aerial.Please click following link to download recorder user manual copy for detailed operating instructions..http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4131978141.pdfPlease reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, Shahid. I'm afraid it hasn't worked. I will have to try to take this recorder to someplace to have it put right. However, you have been excellent in your patient approach and I am most grateful. I will willingly give you a rating!
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to hear it, this is odd that recorder is acting in strange way, I wish it have had sorted out by resetting it.Wish you good luck Mary!Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still have the operation manual and I had just read about resetting the recorder in the manner you described just before you wrote it to me.I can't understand why it didn't work!
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
That is what I'm thinking and scratching my head, reset should work to restore default settings in recorder. Have you tried it the procedure in correct way? press and hold stop button on recorder and push power button on recorder?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
I mean do not leave stop button on recorder at all, keep press and hold it and press power button on recorder.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, and I'm trying it again for the third time!