Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Panasonic DVD DMR EZ45VEBS. Trying to record but

I have a Panasonic DVD DMR EZ45VEBS. Trying to record but the machine says I cannot record until I start playback on the DV unit. The sign on front of the DVD says DV. Can you help as I don't understand what this means ?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.It seems you have some how selected DV input mode for recording in DVD Recorder while checking the menu and to change it press Function button on DVD Recorder remote and go To Others, change the source from DV Auto Rec to any other of your choice.Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Shadid. Being a bit stupid. Have gone to Function and then pressed to others but then what do I do ?
Choices seem to be
TV Guide
Flexible Rec
DV Auto Rec
Set Up
DVD ManagementLet me know.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Please select TV Guide if need to record TV programs and if from any other connected source such as VHS/ VCR then select Flexible Rec.Thanks.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Please reply back with the result.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I managed to resolve this by pressing input select on DVD remote control so the DVD records now but I now have Sound but no picture when recording through the DVD. Any ideas of how to solve this ?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
This is odd, lets try easy thing first, unplug Recorder power cord form wall outlet for 5 minutes to reset, replug back in and check.If this doesn't fix the issue then need to go Setup menu of recorder and select Initialize option to get the recorder to default settings. This will restore default factory settings in recorder and should resolve any wrong settings issue. Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hi, do you need any further assistance with this question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all it was the cords in the TV that were loose as well. Thank you for your help.