info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Technician for many high street outlets 20 years plus experience
18621325

I have a DVD Recorder DMR-ES15EB/EBL and the message U61

I have a DVD Recorder DMR-ES15EB/EBL and the message U61 appears. The manual says that the unit is carrying out its recovery process and I follow the on-screen instructions but the process does not complete. U61 reappears and I can do nothing with the unit. Please help. Thanks
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.

Welcome

Have you rebooted the machine please?

Anthony

Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.

What I mean by that is unplug from the wall wait 5 mins replug back in again

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Anthony,
Just got back home and have tried the reboot, but no luck. Where do we go from here please?
Trevor
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.

Welcome

On the unit itself you need to hold down the open close button\channel up\record buttons at the same time for 5 seconds you should get SERV in the window then press 9 followed by 9 again the unit should reset and hopefully U61 has gone let me know please

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Anthony.
I went through the process you suggest and eventually I get CLR (which I suppose means "clear") in the window, but whenever I try to start the play operation I can hear the machine trying to go through the recovery process and eventually it fails and I get the U61 message. Regards. Trevor
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.

Trevor in that case the problem you have is bad connections on the micro-controllers taht control the machines mechanics, its a well known issue and if that service reset does not fix then you will need the soldering job done, i am not referring to a normal soldering iron but a flow soldering iron to go over the chips in which case you would need to get it into a panasonic service agent I was aware they were charging £40 if you brought it in (that was about 2 years ago)

Sorry for unremarkable news here

Let me know if I can do anything else , a positive rating is appreciated (stars at top of page) thank you

Anthony