Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

I have a Panasonic DMR-BWT740EB that has a fault with the

I have a Panasonic DMR-BWT740EB that has a fault with the aerial input/output. The TV loses signal when the Panasonic is turned on. The Panasonic is out of manufacturer's warranty. Is there a repair that can be carried out on this fault?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. It is not just the lead or connector at faulty here, the result is from a faulty tuner card, which is a component integrated into the main/control board in the unit. Resetting and updating firmware are the only attempted fixes for this. Beyond that, hardware repairs would be required. While it is possible to fix it, it would not be practical to do so. The cost of the parts alone exceeds the value of the system, and additional labor costs would add hundreds more.You could buy a brand new and updated model with a fresh warranty for less than it would cost to fix this one: http://amzn.to/22nEVyz
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
If you prefer though, I can help you find a repair shop. Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan