Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My recorder operates 2mins then shuts down to standby it has

My recorder operates for approx 2mins then shuts down to standby it has been unused for over a year it is a dmrex77eb/ 87 eb
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

When it shuts down, does it indicate it is shutting down orr it turns off instantly.

And when you say it has been unused, has it been unplugged from power for this time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It indicates & says bye it has lain unpowered
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Power it on and quickly hold on the recorder the Channel up and down buttons for 7 seconds, which will force it into a reset, then release.

Then you should see on the Tv the setup screen, go through and set it up again and tell me if it now functions correctly please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done as you suggest channel button is a rocker switch held both ends down, had no apparent effect & shut down to standby in approx 2 mins
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted. If it is not even resetting, this is the issue

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have be replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is not under guarantee ! What would be the cost & to whom should it be returned or can it be done locally to Edinburgh?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, if the warranty has expired, its not worth the repair for this. With a limited warranty, it would cost more in the long run then purchasing a replacement with recorders the price they are today. I would advise to avoid paying for a repair.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your honesty I will do as you suggest & replace it! Thanks John
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome John

If you need anything else, let me know and please remember th rating via one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit