Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

I have a Panasonic dvd dmr-ex77eb and it will not play

I have a Panasonic dvd dmr-ex77eb and it will not play pretty much any disk with my videos on it. It works recording tv programmes.
any ideas please?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Are you having trouble only with discs you have recorded yourself, or with commercially purchased discs also?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just my disks
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

You may need a different type of disc, not necessarily the format, but the brand. Memorex ones are typically the most reliable in these recorders.

Are you sure you are finalizing the discs properly before playing back? Do the discs play in other machines?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what disks should I get pse?
as far as I am aware they are okay they play on my pc?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Have you actually checked commercial discs on the panasonic for playback?

Memorex and maxell discs should both work well. Example: http://amzn.to/29f8hLR

Beyond changing discs, I'd also recommend a thorough cleaning as this type of problem is often caused by a contaminated laser lens. You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc tray/slot area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens).

If this doesn't help, you can try a specialty cleaning disc (Allsop 23321 Ultra Pro Carbon-Edge DVD and CD-Drive Cleaner) which has little brushes that clean the lens more thoroughly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
re commercial disks
will try your cleaning suggestion
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pse note I do NOT wish to pay anything further than the one off payment of £18.00 just made.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
any response pse?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Please complete the cleaning, and let me know the results when you have a chance.

Regarding the fee, it looks like you did opt for a subscription, you can cancel that from the help page after you finish with the rating step here, and it would then be just a one time service.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of the page; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan