Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a pretty new Panasonic DMP-BDT180 and the remote has

I have a pretty new Panasonic DMP-BDT180 and the remote has stopped working fully. I can turn the blurry off and on and eject disks but it has a Netflix button which won't work and I can't navigate around the on screen menu. Help!
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue. We can test the remote control infrared signals output with a digital/ cellphone camera.

Do you have a digital/ cellphone camera to proceed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still there?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Yes, working on it, give me 5 minutes please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Shahid?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thsnks
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Please grab Bluray remote and press few buttons on it while watching its front tip through digital/ cellphone camera. Do you see a flashing light on remote front tip when press a button on remote looking at it through camera screen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, I would recommend to try a known working remote for the test to see how it goes then put new batteries in Bluray remote and try again. If still no flashing light visible then you would need to get another remote as this remote has got internal failure and should be replaced.

Please reply back with the result.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok - just tried my to remote, also Panasonic, and that doesn't have a light either - but it works fine. Not sure if that test works.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tv not to
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any suggestions?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Please click following link to view an image for remote test that might help..

http://savedelete.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Check-your-TV-remote.jpg

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Here is another picture using camera to test the remote infrared light output signals..

http://2dhnizrxqvv1awj231eodql1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Photo031.jpg

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand the concept but no light is flashing on either remote when I press a button and look at it through the camera of my iPhone 6S+.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any other ideas?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

http://www.doctort.org/adam/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/PhoneIR2.JPG

one more picture..

Try to use iPhone front camera as rear side camera has IR filter so it may not show IR light.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That works and the remote in question is showing a light
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The main power button turns the unit off and he tv buttons work for turning to off and controlling volume. The button to open the dvd draw works but nothing else. Although they all cause the light to shine when viewed through the camera
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

So Bluray remote shows light?

If so that means remote sensor mounted on Bluray player has failed that made player unable to receive remote control infrared signals.

Have you tried to unplug Bluray player power cord from wall socket for 5 minutes to reset, replug back in and check remote function?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I'll try that
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

You mean Open/Close button on Remote Control works to get the disc tray out and in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Although it does receive the signal to turn off/open dvd draw
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Then remote control and remote sensor on player, both are fine and working.

Try unplug - replug to see if it helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good work - that worked. The old turn it off and on again!
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Nice, are you now able to operate the player fully through remote?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All good
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Excellent Mitch, glad to know the problem is resolved. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.