Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

A friend in France bought a model KX-TG 1611, 1612 or 1613

Customer Question

A friend in France bought a model KX-TG 1611, 1612 or 1613 two years ago. I have downloaded instructions in English for the former two models but it doesnt answer my question. About 8 months ago her telephone number would not take calls from my landline. I could call her from any other landline or my mobile and there was no problem. She could still call me. She is pretty old and I wonder if the 1613 model has a call blocking from a specific number. BT say the problem is in France and France telecom say the problem is with BT. My friend moved house recently and the problem is still there (I can ring frommobile or other phones but not my landline) - so suspect problem may be with my name calling her phone? ANy ideas? Judy
Category: Recorders and Players
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should add that when she moved house, she got a new telephone number so the problem must be with her handset??
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there Judy and welcome

What exactly happens when you call here from the landline? Does it ring still at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It rings once then goes to French answer which says (roughly) that they will phone the number and tell her my number has been trying to contact her. When she moved to another part of France and got new number the message (though in different voice) remains the same. The problem must be with her telephone equipment.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

I checked, and there is no ability to block calls with this model phone, so the phone itself is not blocking, but this means it is likely here phone provider.

Have her call her phone provider and remove any blocks on the line, then try to make a call.

Let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She already did this - from her previous number but will contact France telecom again from new number to see if that makes a difference
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, as there is no blocking on the phone that can be done, so it has to be with the provider, only place it can block.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.