Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

Just ought a Panasonic BlueRay DVD player/recorder. working

Customer Question

Just ought a Panasonic BlueRay DVD player/recorder. working very well and I am delighted with this applicance.
I have a single problem when either inserting SD card or USB stick on each exists images and movies clips. All play perfectly. But on the movie clips I am bot obtaining any sound whatsoever. Can you please help
BRIAN
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out, Brian.

What format are these videos in?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Unsure. They were captured on aNikon camera with movie function
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Not all cameras have a mic, and even of those that do audio is not always automatic, so if the mic was not enabled, that would explain the lack of audio here.

Can you look through the cam settings (in video mode) to make sure audio is on and recording (try playing back through the cam to see if you get sound back there too), then test again on the player and I think you'll find it works when set up properly prior to recording

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Audio is enabled on the camera(s) and sound present on camera playback. Thanks Brian
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

If you play that same memory stick on a computer, do you get sound?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks Nathan. Yes sound accompanies movie clips when played on laptop and PC! Quite a puzzle Nathan. Brian
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Okay when you pulled those up on the computer, what file format did they show? .mp4? .avi?

Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Which model panasonic do you have?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Model: DMR-BWT850 Blu-ray Recordet
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Okay were you able to find the file types?
This is what your player will support:

MPEG2/ MP4/ Xvid/ MKV/JPEG/MPO(3D Photo)yes

Mass Strage - AAC/ ALAC/ DSD/ FLAC/ MP3/ WMA/ WAV

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
MPEG and jpeg
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Nathan: are we nearing a solution. Progress is really slow. Please estimate! Brian
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

jpeg will not have audio,

mpeg *may*, but it depends on the specific format and codec used, if you can set the camera format to mpeg2 or mp4 it will likely work better.

You can also go into the player settings menu and run the software/firmware update then test again.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry. It'A tedious process so I am withdrawing Nathan. Thanks for trying anyway. I will call in to ***** ***** where the appliance was purchased in June.
Brian signing off
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry Brian, there are some inherent delays in the chat, but I believe the issue here is the file format above all else.

You should proceed with updating player and camera firmware.
You may also want to try loading the video files to your computer, and accessing them through the network (dlna) function on the player to see if they will translate that way.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of the page; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan