Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Karaoke Systems Manager, signal specialist, all recorders and players expert
63817454

My Panasonic DMR-EX773EB is not allowing me to record

My Panasonic DMR-EX773EB is not allowing me to record programmes. When I press the guide button there are no programmes showing on the TV guide landscape. I have tried the Set Up system and it scrolls thru props 21 to 68 but does not show any programmes being recognised. Any advise. Regards ***** *****
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Was this working before, or are you setting it up for the first time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had recorder for four years with no problems. It has only been playing up.
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry to hear that. Let's first reset the unit. Digital electronics can freeze, and since you have a digital tuner, there is a likelihood that it's just stuck.

When this unit is turned on and stopped.

1 Press [ OPEN/CLOSE] to open the disc tray.

2 Press [DRIVE SELECT] to select the DVD drive.

3 Press and hold [REC] and (PLAY) on the main unit for about 5 seconds.

Be sure to use the buttons on the front of the unit, not on the remote. Tell me how it works.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi tried your instructions but when I go to guide on the remote the landscape is still blank. Anything else to try or could it be internal to the recorder.
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

The reset is to clear the digital processor of any error. If the reset doesn't work, that means there is a problem with the digital tuner, or there may be a problem with the broadcast. Give it a day or so, see if it clears up.

If you find that it doesn't come back, your other option is to connect a Sky box to the input, set Sky to the channel you wish to record, and set the timer on the recorder for the time that you want it to start. I know that's not ideal, but if your tuner is out, that's about all you can do.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I will try again, but I do not subscribe to sky so don't have that option. The unit is four years old, so I can expect problems.