Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

DMR-EZ48VEB DirectNavigator and Guide stopped responding Can

DMR-EZ48VEB DirectNavigator and Guide stopped responding Can play VCR's but not DVD's
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the unit (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Having already tried that twice it is still faulty
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you please on the unit, hold the channel up and down buttons (on the actual unit, not the remote) for 7 seconds then release.

Once done, it will reset it, perform this and then setup the recorder and tell me if it now works please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where are the up and down buttons please
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

When you open the flap at the front of the unit you will see the channel up and down buttons.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I do that please
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Do what sorry? Open the flap? You can pull or open on the front bottom.

I can call you and step you through this if it is easier?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Didn't like to pull the wrong thing. Setup has appeared
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, complete the setup please and tell me if you still have the issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done that but Direct Navigator is dead
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not under guarantee sadly. Thanks for trying
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ok, then a repair for this is not advised, the cost for a repair will exceed the value of the unit, you are best to purchase a replacement.

If you need anything else, please let me know

And please remember the service rating via one of the stars at the top then submit