Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have just bought a TX-50EX750B. I am trying to get it to

I have just bought a TX-50EX750B. I am trying to get it to speak to our existing DMR-XS350EB, but failing. I plugged the incoming satellite cable into the satellite dish in port on the DMR and then via an HDMI cable from the DMR to the TV, which is exactly as we had it set up with our old TV (a TH -37PX80BA), which worked perfectly. With the new TV, however, we cannot now pause live TV nor can we do an immediate record of live TV or a programmed recording via the Guide. We just get a message saying "no recording device found" or "USB HDD error". What is going wrong?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi Graham,

Which HDMI port are you using on the TV?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
HDMI1
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Try changing it to HDMI2, which is ARC-enabled, and let me know if that helps?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK, give me a couple of minutes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Let me know if that works?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks. Thanks. That works for the DMR. However, two issues - there is no direct signal to the TV and we cant pick up freesat direct to the TV - is that correct. And 2, we also have BT TV. I have plugged that into HDMI 1 and we cannot now pause/record via that system. Solved one problem and created another. Is there another HDMI that would work for BT?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

You could set up a second connection direct from the Sky box to the TV, if you want a direct connection.

There is only one HDMI ARC port on the TX-50EX750B, so you can only control one external device with this TV.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How to I set up "a direct connection from the box to the TV"?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Depending on which Sky box you have, you may have a second HDMI output, or you could use a HDMI splitter or a coax connection to connect directly from the Sky box to the TV, bypassing the recorder box.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK, thanks. I will look at that. In the meantime, I think you have addressed the issue we were having - ie we can only control through either the DMR or via the BT box but not both using HDMI2. We will have to choose which we opt for.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Glad I could help!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday :)
Pete.

--------------------
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks. Will do.