Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have a Panasonic DMR-HW120 and I've lost a load of

Hi I have a Panasonic DMR-HW120 and I've lost a load of channels I have BBC1 &2 then nothing until 9 and then gaps thereafter I've tried a retune but nothing seems to have worked - help - please ­čśľ
Assistant: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I think I said a Panasonic DMR-HW120 and it's about 4 years old if that
Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I haven't been using the television much since May last year - I fell and fractured my skull and they advised me not to watch television as I'd had bleeds behind my eyes.
And then I was caught up with one of my brothers having a stroke abroad, so didn't have much time - I would say the last time I tried to watch television with success was about April-May time
Assistant: Anything else you want the video expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not much thank you, ***** ***** want to know how to fix it please
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Are you using an indoor aerial, or an outdoor one?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello, I think there is an indoor aerial but there is dish too, but I don't think it's in use
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Ok, can you check that the aerial is securely connected, and it hasn't been moved or changed direction?

Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

If it uses a booster, ensure the booster is still plugged in and turned on.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

A sudden loss of channels can mean that the booster has failed or the aerial has been moved.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will have to try and find someone locally to help me fix this, can you assure me that I am not going to be charged every month now as I haven't had resolution and it was advertised as a
"Free Trial"
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

I am user of this site just like you, so I don't have any insight into your account, however I can forward your request to customer services once we are finished here today :)
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

I see you left me a poor rating, even though I gave you the correct information! :(

A negative rating means I am penalized for trying to assist you. It does not process a refund of your payment, it only hinders me assisting you.

Please reconsider the rating or let me know what further advice you require and I'll be happy to help.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I need to find out how to rectify my problem - I was offered a call which apparently possible, but I think I will have been charged £15.00 for, which if it shows up on my PayPal account I will be putting before my solicito
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

I don't know what payment agreement you have set up with the website, as I have already said I am user of this site just like you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry I thought if a call was offered, then it would be made - I don't wish to be rude to you at all, I just would like to get my problem sorted out -'sorry
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

I have already told you what needs to be done - I cannot fix this for you over the phone.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

You can ignore any automated call offers that may pop up - they are sent automatically by the site and not by me!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ah ok, I see - sorry Pete I don't mean to be rude to you .
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

That is ok, just a misunderstanding :)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I think if found what the problem might be - the link between the aerial and the HDR is held together with cellotape - can one buy smaller links that would fit into the HDR properly do you think please ?