Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Panasonic DVD Recorder DMR-EX769EB connected to a

I have a Panasonic DVD Recorder DMR-EX769EB connected to a Panasonic LCD TV TX-L26X10B. after many years of working it suddenly won't show the TV guide on the DVD making it difficult to record. I have checked all wires and tried to re-set using the initialising process. At the second request it fails to respond.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the recorder (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the recorder, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you. sorry for the delay in replying but I had a work call to respond to. Your directions seem to have worked and after the DVB re-set all is working ok. The only difference is that we have lost the clock when the DVD is turned off. Is this easy to reset?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I do not want to phone as it costs extra. Your advice was useful. thankyou
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Good to hear it is fixed

Go to page 13 of the manual here

http://www.dvdplayer-manual.com/manuals/panasonic/Panasonic_DMR-EX769EB.pdf

And you will see the instructions to set the time

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit