Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

Is there a legal way to convert my Panasonic DMR-EX97 DVD

Is there a legal way to convert my Panasonic DMR-EX97 DVD Recorder to become multi regional?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Honestly, there isn't anything you can do in this case. That player is locked to a specific region based on where it was sold. These region codes were set up by the movie studios to help prevent piracy, and there is no easy way around them. While you may see some “hacks” online, they are not applicable to all models, as most do not have the ability to be overridden by a software adjustment, including yours. Even if there was one, it isn't legal.

This region coding protocol is physically built into the hardware (chips on the control board) of the player, and changing it would require physical modifications to the player (swapping out chips) that would void the warranty and often permanently damage the player.

Your best options are to re-purchase the discs you want to play in your country with the proper region code, or buy a purpose made region-free player that does not have this hardware restriction.

I'm sorry there isn't a more optimistic answer here, it's simply a design limitation of the player.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Nathan

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Dear Nathan,
Thank you for your swift reply even though it was bad news!
Stephen.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

You're very welcome!

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2rRmuH2 and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan